Alias E-mail Address: An alias E-mail address adds an additional E-mail address to an existing mailbox.
- easiest way to retrieve mail for more than one address
- uses existing E-mail software, username and password
- you do not need to change anything you’re doing right now in order to accept mail destined for this extra address
- all E-mail you send will show as coming from whichever address you have specified in your E-mail software as the reply to address
- not a good solution if multiple people want to have completely separate E-mail
- Separate E-mail Box: A separate E-mail box is a completely new E-mail account. Unlike the alias address a separate username and password is required to access the E-mail destined for this mail box. You also need to either install additional E-mail software or have software that support multiple E-mail accounts, such as Outlook Express 4.0 and up.
- mail shows as coming from the address that it is sent to
- mail to more than one address can be kept completely separate
- good solution if multiple people want to have completely separate E-mail
- requires a separate username and password
- requires extra E-mail software, or software that supports multiple mailboxes
- more complicated to setup and use than an alias E-mail account